01: Easy Plugin Install
Install Plugins in One Click
Because our web kits are, well, effortless…we wanted to make it easy for you to install your plugins.
Simply navigate to the WordPress Dashboard, any page or post and you will find a box at the top that looks like this:
These are the recommended plugins for The Claire. You can click the “Begin Installing Plugins” to install all of the recommended plugins at once.
Select all the plugins, click “Install”.
Then, click “Begin activating plugins”.
Select all the plugins, click “Activate”.
Curious about the plugins?
Here is the purpose of each plugin:
- Instagram Feed allows you to seamlessly integrate your Instagram account & feed on your website – displaying a beautiful full-width row of photos at the bottom of your site
- Strong Testimonials facilitates the testimonial slider on the homepage of The Claire in a lightweight, easy to use fashion.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast helps with search engine optimization through an easy user interface
- Jetpack by WordPress.com allows you to track stats and reports (this can also be replaced with a Google Analytics plugin)
Don’t want to install all of the plugins?
You don’t have to! You can click on the ones you want through the notification bar and install them individually as shown below.
02: Setting up Your Testimonials
Testimonials Plugin Setup
Once you’ve installed & activated all of your plugins, you will want to get your testimonials plugin ready to go so it will seamlessly integrate with your homepage!
Follow the video tutorial or the steps below to set up your testimonial slider & add new testimonials.
Setting Up the Testimonial Slider
- Head to Testimonials > Views
- Click “Add New”
- Give your view a name
- Change the MODE to Slideshow
- Change the transition time to 6 (or whatever you want the transition time to be)
- Set the Navigation Controls to: “SIDES: PREV / NEXT“
- Change the Style Template to MODERN
NOTE: You can also update some of the other settings like the ORDER. You do want to make sure you have the Mode set to Slideshow, the Navigation Controls set and the Style Template set as above. Everything else is pretty much fair game, but it may change the way it is displayed and may not look like the Claire demo exactly.
Adding a Testimonial
- Head to Testimonials > Add New
- Give the Testimonial a Title
- Fill in the testimonial itself
- Add a featured image (NOT required – but this will display on the testimonial)
- Add name, company name, website (NOT required)
03: Connecting Your Instagram
Connecting & Displaying Your Instagram
The Claire is built to integrate with your Instagram & display your feed beautifully in your footer!
In order to connect your Instagram account and adjust some of the settings (such as the number of photos) watch the video or follow the steps below.
- Navigate to “Instagram Feed”
- Click the Connect Instagram Account button and follow the steps
- If you want the same look & feel as The Claire demo site, update these settings:
- number of photos: 5
- number of columns: 5
- padding around images: 0 px
(We recommend setting the number of photos equal to the number of columns to give you ONE row along the bottom)
Don’t forget to save your changes!
- Now that the account is connected & the feed is customized, you need to display the feed.
- Navigate to Appearance > Widgets
- Find “Footer Area #1”
- Place a TEXT widget there.
- Give your widget a title & within the text widget, paste the following shortcode
04: Update Permalinks
Updating Your Permalink Structure
This will update the way your links appear on your website.
Head to Settings > Permalinks
Choose whichever structure you want, we prefer “Post name” which gives your pages and posts a URL such as https://samanthamunoz.com/kits instead of https://samanthamunoz.com/?p=123
After you choose your permalink structure, click “Save Changes”.