Setup Recommended Plugins
01: Easy Plugin Install
Install Plugins in One Click
Because our web kits are, well, effortless…we wanted to make it easy for you to install your plugins.
Simply navigate to the WordPress Dashboard, any page or post and you will find a box at the top that looks like this:
These are the recommended plugins for The Piper theme. You can click the “Begin Installing Plugins” to install all of the recommended plugins at once.
Select all the plugins, click “Install”.
Once they’re installed, click “Back”
Then, click “Begin activating plugins”.
Select all the plugins, click “Activate”.
Curious about the plugins?
Here is the purpose of each plugin:
- Instagram Feed: allows you to seamlessly integrate your Instagram account & feed on your website – displaying a beautiful full-width row of photos at the bottom of your site.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast helps with search engine optimization through an easy user interface
- Site Kit by Google: Connect Google Analytics to your website so you can track views, traffic and your audience on your website.
- Pretty Links: Use this plugin to create shortened links with your domain URL and track those links in terms of clicks and where they came from
Don’t want to install all of the plugins?
You don’t have to! You can click on the ones you want through the notification bar and install them individually as shown below.
02: Connecting Your Instagram
Connecting & Displaying Your Instagram
The Piper is built to integrate with your Instagram & display your feed beautifully in your footer!
In order to connect your Instagram account and adjust some of the settings (such as the number of photos) watch the video or follow the steps below.
- Navigate to “Instagram Feed”
- Click the Connect Instagram Account button and follow the steps
- If you want the same look & feel as The Piper demo site, update these settings:
- number of photos: 5
- number of columns: 5
- padding around images: 10 px
Don’t forget to save your changes!
03: Update Permalinks
Updating Your Permalink Structure
This will update the way your links appear on your website.
Head to Settings > Permalinks
Choose whichever structure you want, we prefer “Post name” which gives your pages and posts a URL such as https://samanthamunoz.com/kits instead of https://samanthamunoz.com/?p=123
After you choose your permalink structure, click “Save Changes”.